I was recently asked for thoughts on how to prioritize technology and access to justice projects. In case they may be of use, here are some of my ideas, not in any particular order.
- Immediate increase in access
- Overall transformative potential.
- Foundational for future access expansions
- Supportive/facilitative for transformation of non-tech delivery structure
- Short term feasibility
- Supportive of increases in collaboration between broad range of partners
- Relies on existing skills/capacity
- Recruits enthusiastic tech volunteer energy
- Produces ongoing data for planning, research, assessment
- Cost effective as to cost/access ratio
I think usually such lists focus on short term feasbility. I hope this list adds transformative potential. What am I missing? Tell me in the Comments.