- Limits in multi-jurisdictional practice get in the way of multi-jurisdictional pro bono
- Student practice rules are too complex
- Judicial ethics rules can deter advocacy and recruitment for pro bono
- Lawyers and judges are still uncertain about appropriate roles in unbundling
- Conflict of interest rules — particularly those dealing with imputed conflicts — need clarification
Of course this is a subset of a broader issue relating to access to justice in general. Ideas on how all these issues might be addressed would be welcomed in the comments.