The Self-Represented Litigation Network (SRLN) will be conducting its annual Pre-Conference on Wednesday April 30, 2014 before the main Equal Justice Conference at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in Portland Oregon May 1-3.
My replacement as Coordinator of SRLN, Katherine Alteneder, is doing a wonderful job on all fronts, and so this will be a great day to hear about all the energy in the field. I personally am particularly encouraged by the opportunity to talk about how our work fits in with the communication research and strategy for access to justice. Since we serve everyone, what we do helps public support for access to justice.
Among the focuses:
- National Picture and SRLN Developments
- SRLN Initiatives: remote services study, judicial education & engagement, and
- Communications strategy for increased support to members
- SRLN Working Group Reports
- Courtroom Services
- Federal Courts
- Law Libraries
- Strategy & Outreach
- Tech Summit & Technology Updates
- Engaging the Private Bar and other community stakeholders in access to justice solutions for the self-represented through unbundling, incubators, non-lawyers practice and stakeholder initiatives.
Register now at http://www.americanbar.org/calendar/2014/04/equal-justice-conference/general.htm – Early Bird Registration ends February 28, 2014.
While we strongly encourage participants to register for the entire Equal Justice Conference, it is possible to register just for the one-day Pre-Conference April 30, 2014, but that request, along with completed registration form available through the above link and fee, will need to be made directly to: Erin Wellin Erin.Wellin@americanbar.org,Re: SRLN EJC Session,American Bar Association,321 N Clark St. Chicago, IL 60654