Here is an idea that might simultaneously assist in the adoption and expansion of forms, promote unbundling, and bring the lawyer referral services groups into better addressing access issues.
It is simple. Court forms should include in the general instructions for each form a short explanation of unbundling, and a statement that unbundling assistance with the completion of the form is available by referral to a lawyer through the local lawyer referral service.
- Make the forms less threatening
- Improve the quality of the forms, when such assistance was provided
- Help the bar make the transition to including unbundling in their service mix
- Help ensure that the lawyer referral service provided this option
- Help litigants with access.
Looks like a potential win-win-win to me. Please share with people who might help make this happen.